Thursday, June 6, 2013

Pumpkins


Travis' younger brother plants pumpkins at the farm every year.
He's currently serving a mission in Texas, therefore he can't plant
his own pumpkins.
So Travis and I got to help his dad out this year.
It was kind of a fun experience. 
We got to ride on this thing, I think Travis called it
the 'implement,' which was pulled behind a tractor
and then we stuck the little plants in the ground as we went.
Simple enough.


However, I'd been warned about the mosquitoes in Corinne
when it starts to cool down in the evening.
They were right, the mosquitoes are awful!  I didn't get bit much,
but I really disliked them swarming my face.
As you can tell, I went prepared with a long sleeve jacket,
long pants, a hood, and I had plenty of newly purchased bug spray.


Whereas Travis was just fine in his short sleeve shirt.
Fact: I am a city girl, raised in the city.

(Photo credit to Travis)



1 comment:

  1. Well I am glad to see that he is the "Man" and hacked it with a short sleeve. Glad it went well sorry we didn't see you while you were over here. Can I say I love the blog we don't get to "chat" with our lives being so busy and this makes me feel like I get to be a part of your life.....along with everyone else but I will take it!!!! And we will keep you city girl and all ;0) Keep the posts coming.

    ReplyDelete