Sunday, December 3, 2017

Let the holidays begin



I can't believe it's already been a month since I last blogged. Doesn't always feel like time is going fast, but it sure is.
Christmas time is in full swing here. The boys are so excited about Santa. Until they get near him and then they want nothing to do with him. Honestly, when explaining Santa Claus to a 3 year old, he sounds a little odd--coming into your house at night when you're asleep, watching you all the time--it's just strange. But the idea of Santa and giving is a nice one.
We had our first real snow of the season today. The boys can't wait to build a snowman.

If you haven't heard, there are 2 new-ish cookie shops in Logan, Crumbl and Baked or something like that. I had heard so much about them. I'd heard Crumbl was better. But it's $10 for a box of 4 cookies. That's near outrageous. But I still wanted to try one. So I bought a box, gave a couple away and kept the other two. They are quite large, and delicious, but to be honest, I wouldn't pay $10 for another box. I'd rather just make a batch of 24 of my own cookies for cheaper than  that at home.


Sam has basically phased out of naps...but he still likes to fall asleep on the floor/couch from time to time.


Tyler randomly likes to pull random faces at me at meal time. 



Travis was out of town for a week on business, so we made cookies for FHE and delivered them to neighbors, survived (barely) a trip to the dentist for the boys, and spent a couple days with my angel mom who took us to the museum of natural curiosity. 








We found out we're having a baby GIRL! We're excited and maybe a little nervous. :)
We got some pink filled donuts to tell the boys. Tyler basically had no clue what was happening, but Sam was all in.




The week of Thanksgiving Sam got croup. He always gets croup and usually gets over it on his own. But day 2 of this one he was really bad so I took him to the doctor's office and they ended up having him spend the night in the hospital to give him more breathing treatments and monitor him.
He loves his fox blanket that he got though and did really well. He was just totally worn out the rest of the week.





Also, we feel a little bad saying this, but with his croup, his voice sounded so adorable.


Thanksgiving was at my parents with a small group of us and we loved it.
This is the only photo I took all day.





Even though these little boys have been having trouble eating and sleeping and getting along, I love them with all of my heart. One minute they've got my patience running out completely, the next, they're cuddly, cute and saying the funniest things to make me laugh. Life is better with them.


Travis bought a tiny tree to put in their bedroom. Sam asked tonight if it was going to grow bigger and bigger. It's fake.








No comments:

Post a Comment