Sunday, April 1, 2018

Baby Amelia


I was having contractions all day Monday after my doctor's appointment. It was so similar to what happened with Tyler we were nearly certain I'd go into labor that night. Travis' mom even came and spent the night just in case. To my major disappointment they stopped around 10:30 at night. The next couple of days they came and went. Wednesday night I hardly slept because contractions were so painful, but they weren't ever consistent enough to warrant going to the hospital. That evening we went out to dinner and my contractions were coming fast and strong.
On the way home I called my amazing friend Rachel who headed over to watch the boys. We went in to the hospital around 7 and thankfully they didn't send us home! At 10:38 pm baby girl joined us with no complications. I couldn't believe how fast everything went. Our doctor made it there 20 minutes before baby came. I was so shocked by her tiny size and her hair!
We are so in love with her and the boys were thrilled to come and meet her. Tyler constantly wants to hold her and basically won't leave her side. I can't believe we're a family of 5, but I'm excited for this new, chaotic adventure.















Sam was still a little hesitant, just as he was with Tyler. But he did interact with her while grandma was holding her. 



















Also, we have decided she looks like Sam without a hat on, and Tyler with a hat on...




1 comment:

  1. Tyler is so cute with his obsessive baby sister cuddling!!!

    ReplyDelete