Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas 2016 #bestchristmasyet


It snowed on Christmas! Travis says it's snowed on Christmas every year since we've been married. I love white Christmases, but driving in it is a different story. It took us 3 hours to get to my parents and we saw about 8 cars off the road on the way down. So thankful we made it safely.
Sam has enjoyed "helping" mom and dad shovel the snow this month. He's just so cute and fun.



Here's a  look from last year to this year. Same clothes, they just fit better this year, ha ha!


Christmas Eve was spent with Travis' mom. 



Colton and Tamara got us the game Wet Head and the boys had fun playing it.




Christmas morning was so much fun. Sam was excited about his presents and excited to see what Tyler got as well. When someone would ask him what Santa brought, he just told them "Oranges." Apparently that's really important. More important than all the thought we put into his toys.














Travis got this selfie in one try. Pretty impressive.



Made it to my parent's after church and had a great time with family and lots of food and toys. 



Steven and Sarah have a tradition of celebrating Christmas from a different country/culture every year. This year was an English Christmas. Luckily, Travis and I have started a tradition of using the English crackers at Christmastime that have the little prizes in them.


My mom is also amazing and she surprised us with these ninja turtle beanies that she made.




I love the Christmas season. Spending time with family is one of my favorite things and we had a surplus of it this month. I'm thankful for the reason behind the season, our Savior, His birth, His life and His never-ending example and love.
We have a picture of Jesus with little children in Tyler's room and Sam was looking at it this morning. He said "that's Jesus! With the little kids on his lap." I asked him if he knew if Jesus loved him. He said "Jesus loves me so much." I hope that he always realizes that. Jesus loves us all so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment