Monday, January 9, 2017

Stormageddon

  

4 years married to this awesome man. 2 kids. 2nd home. 2nd job. Life is pretty great. Not perfect, but who's life is perfect? I can't believe that 5 years ago we met and here we are now. I've always thought that 2 individuals deciding to get married and commit to one another for eternity has got to be one of the most amazing miracles on earth. So often it's one sided and doesn't work out. I'm glad that Travis chose me the same way I chose him. I've always said he was not the man of my dreams, but he IS the man of my reality, and that is way better.
We got our annual photo on the bench taken on our anniversary. Thankfully it was before the huge storm. But I love that there was snow. I really hope we never move from Cache Valley so that this can always be a thing.


We went and got pizza at Fox's Pizza Den (I'd never been and I really enjoyed it) and couldn't decide on a topping, so we compromised. And then we headed to I think our 5th or 6th movie in theaters together, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and it really was fantastic. 


The boys have been enjoying their spoils from Christmas. The train set from Steven & Sarah was a major hit and that comes out every day for certain.



Because of all the toys, we decided to move Tyler in with Sam and turn Tyler's old bedroom into a toy room. It went over a lot better than I thought it would.



For New Year's Eve we went down to my parent's with most of my siblings. They took us to see zoo lights and Sam had a great time! I swear kids don't feel cold when they're having fun. I was freezing. And Tyler had not a great time, so Travis just sat with him in a warm building.


Speaking of toy rooms, we'd been looking for some sort of toy storage. When I told Travis what I wanted, he was like "why don't we just make it?" I was a little surprised because our last project, which was about 10 times smaller, had a few mishaps along the way. But we decided to do it and it went strangely well, and cost a lot less than buying something would have. All thanks to Travis, I just did the painting and held pieces of wood where he told me to.
(Also, unfinished basements have their perks. No way we would've got this done so quick if we'd had to do it in the cold garage.)








Then the snow storm hit. I was out 4 times the first day shoveling. Travis went to buy a snow blower but they were all sold out. He did eventually get one the next evening, which has been really nice, and I'm sure he'll be helping most of the neighbors on our street over the years with it.






And I finally got to build a snowman with Sam and play out in the snow for a bit. He named the snowman "Samuel." He had a blast and we even made a little slide in the backyard...which is now covered with another 16 inches of snow.




Tyler was stuck inside where it was warm.





Have you ever seen a happier face? :)







No comments:

Post a Comment